Vocabulary we have learned this semester:
· 2.3 Los útiles escolares (school supplies)
· 2.4 Las materias (school subjects/classes)
· 2.5 El horario (schedule)
· 3.1 Los pasatiempos (hobbies/interests)
· 3.2 El tiempo (the weather)
· 4.1 La ciudad (the city)
· 4.2 Las compras (shopping/clothing)
· 4.3 La comida (food/restaurants)
Grammar learning targets we have covered:
1. I can correctly use definite and indefinite articles (the, a, an, some).
2. I can correctly conjugate regular –ar, –er, and –ir verbs.
3. I can correctly conjugate the irregular verb ir (to go).
4. I can correctly conjugate stem-changing (boot) verbs. Examples:
querer (e -> ie: to want), dormir (o -> ue: to sleep), empezar (e -> ie: to start),
jugar (u -> ue: to play), costar (o -> ue: to cost), probar (o -> ue: to try/to try on),
pedir (e -> i: to order), servir (e -> i: to serve), and preferir (e -> ie: to prefer).
5. I can correctly use ir + a + an infinitive verb to talk about what someone is going to do.
6. I can correctly conjugate the verb hacer (to do/make) and salir (to leave/go out) which have an irregular yo forms (yo-to-go).
7. I can correctly use indirect object pronouns (me, te, le, nos, os, les) with the verbs gustar and encantar to talk about what I like and love. I can also use IOPs with the verb quedar to talk about how something fits.
8. I can correctly conjugate gustar, encantar, and quedar to the singular or plural forms.
9. I can correctly use prepositions to describe where places are located.
10. I can correctly use demonstratives (this, these, that, those).
Cultural topics we have covered:
· School appearance and schedules in Hispanic countries
· Where/how sports are played
· Season reversal and impact on lifestyle/hobbies
· Easter/Holy Week traditions
· City layout and methods of transportation
· Clothing styles and habits
· Shopping options
· Bartering for deals
· Meal times
· Restaurant etiquette
For study strategies, click "Read More" -------------------->