On Tuesday, September 29 you will take an assessment with the following objectives:
- Describe the differences between “Latino”, “Hispanic”, and “Spanish” cultural heritages.
- I can identify the geography and capitals of the Spanish speaking countries.
- I can also identify the geography of ancient civilizations and compare and contrast the cultures.
- Finally, I can tell about the influences of the ancient cultures on life today.
- Pay attention in class, and study from the notes we take and activities we do.
- Memorize the "Rock de las capitales" songs for Central and South America.
- Study Los países y las capitales on Quizlet
- Play theSpanish-speaking countries timed geography game
- Take the Hispanic Countries/Capitals Quiz
- Familiarize yourself with the similarities and differences between the Aztec, Mayan, and Incan civilizations/cultures. This is another helpful link.
- Have a general idea of where each culture lived:
Aztecs = central/southern Mexico
Mayans = Mexico's Yucatan peninsula, Guatemala, and northern Honduras
Incas = western coast of South America along the Andes Mountains - Ecuador to Central Chile
- Identify a picture of each architecture: Aztec Mayan Inca
- Know a few things that each culture contributed to society today