Exam 1 Study Guide
The exam on Chapters 1 and 2 will be on Wednesday and Thursday, January 16 and 17.
Twelve ways I can study
1. Memorize vocabulary using note card flashcards/word lists/quizlet
2. Review past quizzes and tests – especially parts that were incorrectly answered
3. Play the review games and do the practice activities online on the class blog
4. Read through Chapters 1 and 2 and do chapter activities and review activities (also online)
5. Go through past worksheet activities
6. Make and study a subject pronoun chart
7. Make and study a “ser” verb chart
8. Make and study a “gustar” verb chart
9. Go online to your personal book site and…
a. Click through each page of Chapters 1 and 2 and do the activity quizzes you come across in the book pages
b. Click the tab “Self Test” on the top and take the Chapter 1 and 2 tests and cumulative self-tests
c. Watch videos under the “Video” tab on top
10. Have a family member or friend quiz you
11. Go through the list of tasks below to make sure you can do each one
12. Go through each of the topics below, check the ones you know well, and keep studying the ones you need to until you can check off each one
1) Listen and answer questions during two listening activities
2) Read and answer questions about two different paragraphs
3) Identify the names of colors in Spanish
4) Answer questions about Greetings, Introductions, and Goodbyes
5) Identify the subject and verb in sentences
6) Identify correct subject pronouns
7) Identify correct time sentences
8) Identify correct date sentences
9) Identify the correct spelling of numbers
10) Identify correct forms of “ser” used in context
11) Identify correct sentences describing what things are like (cómo es/cómo son)
12) Identify correct question and answer combinations
13) Correctly identify vocabulary from Chapter 2
14) Identify the correct adjective endings
15) Identify the correct use of de, del, de la, de los, and de las in a sentence
16) Choose the correct way to make a sentence negative or say the opposite
17) Identify correct “gustar” sentences using information given
18) Choose something that a person may like based on their personality description
Topics – I can…
New Practice Activities to study for the exam
Chapter 1 review
Chapter 1 practice quiz
Days and time practice quiz
Days and months quiz
Chapters 1 and 2 review quiz
Chapters 1 and 2 review quiz #2
Chapter 1 Review
Vocabulario 1 (p. 6-11, and top of page 35)
1) Asking someone’s name
2) Asking how someone is
3) Introducing others
4) Saying where you and others are from
Gramática 1 (p. 12-15, and top of page 34)
1) Subjects and verbs in sentences
2) Subject pronouns (yo, tú, usted, él, ella, nosotros, nosotras, vosotros, vosotras, ustedes, ellos, ellas)
Vocabulario 2 (p. 18-23, and bottom of page 35)
1) Giving phone numbers
2) Giving the time
3) Giving the day and date
4) Spelling words
5) Giving email addresses
6) Numbers 0-31
7) Days and months
Gramática 2 (p. 24-27, and bottom of page 34)
1) Conjugating the verb ser (yo soy, tú eres, usted/él/ella es, nosotros/as somos, vosotros/as sois, ustedes/ellos/ellas son)
2) Punctuation marks, accents, and tildes
Chapter 2 Review
Vocabulario 1 (p. 44-47)
1) I can describe myself in Spanish.
2) I can describe others in Spanish (and say what they are not like).
3) I can ask what others are like in Spanish.
4) I can tell my own age and birthday.
5) I can ask what other people's ages and birthdays are.
6) I can tell in Spanish what someone's age is or when their birthday is.
7) I can write the numbers 0-100.
* Flashcards, Matching, Concentration, Wordsearch
Gramática 1 (p. 48-53)
1) I can use the correct form of "ser" in a sentence.
2) I can change the endings of adjectives so that they agree in gender and number with the subject of the sentence.
3) I can correctly place the word "no" in a sentence to make it say the opposite.
4) I know what the question words are in Spanish and can use them in context.
Vocabulario 2 (p. 56-59)
1) I can ask what someone else likes.
2) I will be able to share the things that I like.
3) I can describe something to tell why I like it or why I don't like it.
Gramática 2 (p. 60-65)
1) I can write a sentence saying what I like (or don't like).
2) I can ask what someone else likes.
3) I can ask who likes certain things.
4) I can say ask why others like certain things.
5) I can say why I like (or don't like) certain things.
6) I know when to use gusta and when to use gustan.
7) I know when to use de, del, de la, de los, or de las
Review of all of Chapter 2 (p. 72-73)
*** Please email if you have any questions! ***