The exam on Chapters 1 and 2 will be on Wednesday and Thursday, January 16 and 17.
Twelve ways I can study
1. Memorize vocabulary using note card flashcards/word lists/quizlet
2. Review past quizzes and tests – especially parts that were incorrectly answered
3. Play the review games and do the practice activities online on the class blog
4. Read through Chapters 1 and 2 and do chapter activities and review activities (also online)
5. Go through past worksheet activities
6. Make and study a subject pronoun chart
7. Make and study a “ser” verb chart
8. Make and study a “gustar” verb chart
9. Go online to your personal book site and…
a. Click through each page of Chapters 1 and 2 and do the activity quizzes you come across in the book pages
b. Click the tab “Self Test” on the top and take the Chapter 1 and 2 tests and cumulative self-tests
c. Watch videos under the “Video” tab on top
10. Have a family member or friend quiz you
11. Go through the list of tasks below to make sure you can do each one
12. Go through each of the topics below, check the ones you know well, and keep studying the ones you need to until you can check off each one
1) Listen and answer questions during two listening activities
2) Read and answer questions about two different paragraphs
3) Identify the names of colors in Spanish
4) Answer questions about Greetings, Introductions, and Goodbyes
5) Identify the subject and verb in sentences
6) Identify correct subject pronouns
7) Identify correct time sentences
8) Identify correct date sentences
9) Identify the correct spelling of numbers
10) Identify correct forms of “ser” used in context
11) Identify correct sentences describing what things are like (cómo es/cómo son)
12) Identify correct question and answer combinations
13) Correctly identify vocabulary from Chapter 2
14) Identify the correct adjective endings
15) Identify the correct use of de, del, de la, de los, and de las in a sentence
16) Choose the correct way to make a sentence negative or say the opposite
17) Identify correct “gustar” sentences using information given
18) Choose something that a person may like based on their personality description
Topics – I can…
- Identify colors in Spanish (p. 3) --- brown = pink =
- Ask someone’s name (C1V1)
- Ask how someone is (C1V1)
- Introduce someone (C1V1)
- Say where others and I are from (C1V1)
- Use greeting/introduction vocabulary (C1V1)
- Use subjects and verbs in sentences (C1G1)
- Use all subject pronouns correctly (C1G1)
- Give a phone number (C1V1)
- Give the time (C1V2)
- Say the day (C1V2)
- Say the date (C1V2)
- Spell words (C1V2)
- Give email addresses (C1V2)
- Identify and spell numbers correctly (C1V2)
- Conjugate the verb “ser” (C1G2)
- Use punctuation marks accents correctly (C1G2)
- Spell words correctly (including accents when needed)
- Ask what someone is like (C2V1)
- Describe people (C2V1)
- Ask how old someone is and tell how old people are (C2V1
- Ask when someone’s birthday is and tell when people’s birthdays are (C2V1)
- Identify all description vocabulary (C2V1)
- Use the correct form of “ser” with adjectives (C2G1)
- Make all adjectives match the nouns with gender and plurality agreement (C2G1)
- Form questions correctly (C2G1)
- Use all question words correctly (C2G1)
- Say what others and I like (C2V2)
- Describe things (C2V2)
- Correctly identify all vocabulary of Ch. 2 V.2 (C2V2)
- Change a noun from singular to plural (C2G2)
- Use the correct definite article (el, la, los, las) with each noun (C2G2)
- Use the correct forms of “gustar” (C2G2)
- Correctly use “¿Por qué?” and “porque” (C2G2)
- Correctly use the preposition “de” (de, del, de la, de los, de las) (C2G2)
- Understand oral conversations and answer questions about them
- Understand written paragraphs and answer questions about them
New Practice Activities to study for the exam
Chapter 1 review
Chapter 1 practice quiz
Days and time practice quiz
Days and months quiz
Chapters 1 and 2 review quiz
Chapters 1 and 2 review quiz #2
Chapter 1 Review
Vocabulario 1 (p. 6-11, and top of page 35)
1) Asking someone’s name
2) Asking how someone is
3) Introducing others
4) Saying where you and others are from
- Check out the Voces workbook pages A6 - A8.
- Rags to Riches game (Like Who Wants to be a Millionaire)
- Here is an online quiz you can take to practice. Click Chapter 1, and then Vocabulary 1.
Gramática 1 (p. 12-15, and top of page 34)
1) Subjects and verbs in sentences
2) Subject pronouns (yo, tú, usted, él, ella, nosotros, nosotras, vosotros, vosotras, ustedes, ellos, ellas)
- Here are a few online quizzes you can take to practice. Click Chapter 1, and then either "Gramática 1: Subjects and Verbs" or "Gramática 1: Subject Pronouns".
- Flashcards, matching, memory, and a wordsearch with personal pronouns and ser.
- Watch this video/powerpoint describing the pronouns.
Vocabulario 2 (p. 18-23, and bottom of page 35)
1) Giving phone numbers
2) Giving the time
3) Giving the day and date
4) Spelling words
5) Giving email addresses
6) Numbers 0-31
7) Days and months
- Matching, Flashcards, Memory, and a Wordsearch on vocabulary 2
- Here is an online quiz you can take to practice. Click Chapter 1, and then Vocabulary 2.
- Check out this interactive clock to practice time.
- Here's a time game called Rags to Riches.
- Alphabet and spelling practice - click here!
- Days of the week hangman
- Months hangman game
- Days and months: flashcards, concentration, matching, and a wordsearch.
- Numbers practice with flashcards, concentration, matching, and a wordsearch.
Gramática 2 (p. 24-27, and bottom of page 34)
1) Conjugating the verb ser (yo soy, tú eres, usted/él/ella es, nosotros/as somos, vosotros/as sois, ustedes/ellos/ellas son)
2) Punctuation marks, accents, and tildes
- Here are a few online quizzes you can take to practice. Click Chapter 1, and then either "Gramática 2: Present tense of ser" or "Gramática 2: Punctuation & accents".
- A SER practice game
- Flashcards, matching, memory, and a wordsearch with personal pronouns and ser.
- Watch a helpful youtube video about "ser" to get it all figured out.
- Here is some "ser" practice
- Ser matching practice
Chapter 2 Review
Vocabulario 1 (p. 44-47)
1) I can describe myself in Spanish.
2) I can describe others in Spanish (and say what they are not like).
3) I can ask what others are like in Spanish.
4) I can tell my own age and birthday.
5) I can ask what other people's ages and birthdays are.
6) I can tell in Spanish what someone's age is or when their birthday is.
7) I can write the numbers 0-100.
- Study your own flashcards or the quizlet flashcards for Chapter 2, Vocabulary 1.
- Play these games to practice the description vocabulary.
- Numbers 0-100 games
* Flashcards, Matching, Concentration, Wordsearch
- Study the opposites of each adjective in Spanish.
- Flashcards, matching, concentration, and a wordsearch.
- Another little quiz to practice using description adjectives. (Click on Vocabulary 1.)
Gramática 1 (p. 48-53)
1) I can use the correct form of "ser" in a sentence.
2) I can change the endings of adjectives so that they agree in gender and number with the subject of the sentence.
3) I can correctly place the word "no" in a sentence to make it say the opposite.
4) I know what the question words are in Spanish and can use them in context.
- Study the Quizlet Flashcards for Chapter 2, Grammar 1
- Practice the question words with this activity.
- Here is a practice quiz #1
- Here is a practice quiz #2
Vocabulario 2 (p. 56-59)
1) I can ask what someone else likes.
2) I will be able to share the things that I like.
3) I can describe something to tell why I like it or why I don't like it.
- Study the Quizlet flashcards for Chapter 2, Vocabulary 2.
- Flashcards, matching, concentration, and a word search.
- More flashcards, matching, concentration, and a wordsearch
- Check out the Vocabulary 2 activity
- Check your knowledge with this first quiz
- Check your knowledge with this second quiz
Gramática 2 (p. 60-65)
1) I can write a sentence saying what I like (or don't like).
2) I can ask what someone else likes.
3) I can ask who likes certain things.
4) I can say ask why others like certain things.
5) I can say why I like (or don't like) certain things.
6) I know when to use gusta and when to use gustan.
7) I know when to use de, del, de la, de los, or de las
- Study the Quizlet Flashcards for Chapter 2, Grammar 2.
- Review the powerpoint with test tasks on de, gustar, quién, and por qué.
- Look over this prezi presentation on "de".
- Check out these three "Grammar 2" practice activities.
- Section A, numbers 1-4 are a quick practice of gusta v. gustan.
- A quick quiz to practice gusta v. gustan
- Another battleship game: Some of the questions are a little tricky but it is good practice
- Practice choosing which "de" to use with this activity.
- Another "de" practice activity.
- Yet ANOTHER practice activity for "de".
- Gustar quiz #1
- Gustar quiz #2
Review of all of Chapter 2 (p. 72-73)
- Game to study all Chapter 2 vocabulary
- Flashcards, matching, concentration, and a wordsearch
- Gustar practice
- One Semester of Spanish Love Song
*** Please email if you have any questions! ***