The test will cover all of the concepts we have learned so far this year (Vocabulary 1, Grammar 1, Vocabulary 2, and Grammar 2).
1) Listen to a conversation and decide what it is about (multiple choice)
2) Match statements you hear with the corresponding pictures
3) Read a paragraph in Spanish and answer questions about it (multiple choice)
4) Read a conversation in Spanish and answer questions about it (true or false)
5) Identify the correct color in Spanish (multiple choice)
6) Fill in missing words in a conversation (multiple choice)
7) Choose the correct day or month in order (multiple choice)
8) Choose the correct time expression (multiple choice)
9) Choose the appropriate subject pronoun to complete the sentence (multiple choice)
10) Fill in blanks with the correct form of ser (multiple choice)
1) Change all capital letters to a correct sentence with punctuation and accents
2) Complete a Spanish Club Membership Form with information about yourself
3) Write a conversation that includes greeting, introducing, and saying goodbye.
Vocabulario 1 (pages 6-11, and the top of page 35)
1) I can ask someone’s name and give my own.
2) I can ask how someone is and tell how I am.
3) I can introduce others.
4) I can say where others and I are from.
Gramática 1 (pages 12-15, and top of page 34)
1) I can identify the subject of a sentence.
2) I can identify the verb of a sentence.
3) I can correctly use all of the Spanish subject pronouns in context.
(yo, tú, usted, él, ella, nosotros, nosotras, vosotros, vosotras, ustedes, ellos, ellas)
Vocabulario 2 (pages 18-23, and the bottom of page 35)
1) I can identify, use, and spell the numbers 0-31.
2) I can ask for and give my telephone number.
3) I can ask for and give someone the time.
4) I can ask and tell the day and date.
5) I can ask and tell my birthday.
6) I can identify the season words.
7) I can spell and understand spelled words.
8) I can ask how words are spelled.
9) I can ask and give my email address.
Gramática 2 (pages 24-27, and the bottom of page 34)
1) I can use the six conjugations of the verb ser
yo soy nosotros/as somos
tú eres vosotros/as sois
usted/él/ella es ustedes/ellos/ellas son
2) I can re-write a sentence to make it negative, or say the opposite.
* The word “no” always goes before the verb.
3) I know which letters of which words need accents, and which ones need tildes.
4) I can add periods, questions marks, or exclamation points to Spanish sentences.
Colors (bottom of page 3)
rojo rosado (rosa)
Practice Activities Online
Click each heading to see the study activities from that quiz.
1) Rags to Riches game (Like Who Wants to be a Millionaire)
2) Here is an online quiz you can take to practice. Click Chapter 1, and then Vocabulary 1.
1) Here are a few online quizzes you can take to practice. Click Chapter 1, and then either "Gramática 1: Subjects and Verbs" or "Gramática 1: Subject Pronouns".
2) Flashcards, matching, memory, and a wordsearch with personal pronouns and ser.
3) Watch this video/powerpoint describing the pronouns.
Vocabulary 2: Numbers, Time, Calendar, Alphabet
1) Matching, Flashcards, Memory, and a Wordsearch on Vocabulary 2
2) Here is an online quiz you can take to practice. Click Chapter 1, and then Vocabulary 2.
3) Check out this interactive clock to practice time.
4) Here's a time game called Rags to Riches.
5) Alphabet and spelling practice - click here!
6) Days of the week hangman
7) Months hangman game
8) Days and months: flashcards, concentration, matching, and a wordsearch.
9) Numbers practice with flashcards, concentration, matching, and a wordsearch.
1) Here are a few online quizzes you can take to practice. Click Chapter 1, and then either "Gramática 2: Present tense of ser" or "Gramática 2: Punctuation & accents".
2) A SER practice game
3) Flashcards, matching, memory, and a wordsearch with personal pronouns and ser.
4) Watch a helpful youtube video about "ser" to get it all figured out.
5) Here is some "ser" practice
6) Ser matching practice
*** As always, email Sra. Goorhouse if you have any questions while studying! ***