The exam will include listening and reading sections, as well as a speaking activity that you will do with a partner (like conversation time).
Please use the Quizlet flashcards and games, as well as the activities linked below, to practice and study.
Click here for some study strategies and recommendations.
- Classroom phrases / Expressions of courtesy
- Alphabet and pronunciation
- 1.1 - Saludos y despedidas (Greetings and Goodbyes)
- 1.2 - Los rasgos (Physical and Personality Traits)
- 1.3 - Los sentimientos (Feelings and Emotions)
- 1.4 - La familia (Family)
- 2.1 - Los números y la hora (Numbers and Time)
Grammar learning targets we have covered:
- I can correctly use both formal and informal ways of speaking in context.
- I can correctly use punctuation marks, accents, and tildes (ñ).
- I can correctly identify the subject and the verb in a sentence.
- I can correctly use the subject pronouns.
- I can use the correct conjugations of “ser”.
- I can use correct noun/adjective agreement.
- I can use the correct conjugations of “tener”.
- I can use the correct conjugations of “estar”.
- I can correctly use “no” to make a sentence say the opposite.
- I can correctly use the possessive adjectives.
- I can correctly use the word “de” to show possession.
Cultural topics we have covered:
- Identities and nationalities
- Geography of the Spanish-speaking countries
- Ancient civilizations: Aztec, Maya, Inca
- Independence days of Mexico and Central America
- Cultural greeting methods
- Names and nicknames
- Día de los muertos (Day of the dead)
- Christmas traditions
- New Years traditions
- Día de los reyes (Three Kings day)