Vocabulario 1 (p. 44-47)
1) I can describe myself in Spanish.
2) I can describe others in Spanish (and say what they are not like).
3) I can ask what others are like in Spanish.
4) I can tell my own age and birthday.
5) I can ask what other people's ages and birthdays are.
6) I can tell in Spanish what someone's age is or when their birthday is.
7) I can write the numbers 0-100.
- Study your own flashcards or the quizlet flashcards for Chapter 2, Vocabulary 1.
- Play these games to practice the description vocabulary.
- Numbers 0-100 games
* Flashcards, Matching, Concentration, Wordsearch
- Study the opposites of each adjective in Spanish.
- Flashcards, matching, concentration, and a wordsearch.
- Another little quiz to practice using description adjectives. (Click on Vocabulary 1.)
Gramática 1 (p. 48-53)
1) I can use the correct form of "ser" in a sentence.
2) I can change the endings of adjectives so that they agree in gender and number with the subject of the sentence.
3) I can correctly place the word "no" in a sentence to make it say the opposite.
4) I know what the question words are in Spanish and can use them in context.
- Study the Quizlet Flashcards for Chapter 2, Grammar 1
- Practice the question words with this activity.
- Here is a practice quiz #1
- Here is a practice quiz #2
Vocabulario 2 (p. 56-59)
1) I can ask what someone else likes.
2) I will be able to share the things that I like.
3) I can describe something to tell why I like it or why I don't like it.
- Study the Quizlet flashcards for Chapter 2, Vocabulary 2.
- Flashcards, matching, concentration, and a word search.
- More flashcards, matching, concentration, and a wordsearch
- Check out the Vocabulary 2 activity
- Check your knowledge with this first quiz
- Check your knowledge with this second quiz
Gramática 2 (p. 60-65)
1) I can write a sentence saying what I like (or don't like).
2) I can ask what someone else likes.
3) I can ask who likes certain things.
4) I can say ask why others like certain things.
5) I can say why I like (or don't like) certain things.
6) I know when to use gusta and when to use gustan.
7) I know when to use de, del, de la, de los, or de las
- Study the Quizlet Flashcards for Chapter 2, Grammar 2.
- Review the powerpoint with test tasks on de, gustar, quién, and por qué.
- Look over this prezi presentation on "de".
- Check out these three "Grammar 2" practice activities.
- Section A, numbers 1-4 are a quick practice of gusta v. gustan.
- A quick quiz to practice gusta v. gustan
- Another battleship game: Some of the questions are a little tricky but it is good practice
- Practice choosing which "de" to use with this activity.
- Another "de" practice activity.
- Yet ANOTHER practice activity for "de".
- Gustar quiz #1
- Gustar quiz #2
Review of all of Chapter 2 (p. 72-73)
- Game to study all Chapter 2 vocabulary
- Flashcards, matching, concentration, and a wordsearch
- Gustar practice
- One Semester of Spanish Love Song
- Listen to a conversation about what people like
- Listen to another conversation about people’s likes and dislikes
- Read two paragraphs in Spanish and answer questions about them
- Write some sentences about what people like more based on the options given
- Write the opposites of some adjectives
- Write complete questions based on an answer that is given
- Change adjectives to match the people they are describing (masculine or feminine, singular or plural)
- Write complete sentences about people’s likes and dislikes based on some information given
- Choose the correct “de” phrase – de, del, de la, de los, de las
- Write a paragraph describing people in a picture – names, ages, physical descriptions, something they like and why
- Write a description paragraph including two physical traits and two personality traits, two things that are liked and one thing that is not liked