We often have partner conversation time to start the class a few times per week. This conversation is completely in Spanish and is based on both past and current vocabulary items and topics.
During conversation time, I will walk around the room, and listen in on conversations. I might ask a student a question that we have been working on in Spanish. I might ask the partner group to talk about a certain topic. I will be listening to the speaking and conversation. Here are the specifics of what I will be listening for:
1. CONTENT: Did you give a complete answer? Did you fully respond to the question that was asked?
2. COMPREHENSION: Does your answer make sense after the question that was asked? Is the content of what you are saying fit in the context of the conversation? Did you respond appropriately to the question?
3. COMPREHENSIBILITY: Would a native speaker of Spanish be able to understand what you are saying? Are you communicating clearly in Spanish?
4. ACCURACY: Did you use the correct words? Did you use the correct verbs? Is your sentence order correct?
5. FLUENCY: Did you pronounce all of the words and sounds correctly? Does your speech flow naturally or is it broken up and choppy?
Final Grade breakdown by category and percent:
- Assessments: 60%
- Classwork: 15%
- Speaking: 10%
- Final Exam: 15%
Please email if you have any questions or concerns. ¡Gracias!